installed H.I.D reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks man im going to try it when my new headlights and taillghts come in

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmmm i might just have to try this...i might have to order a set to put in my reverse lights and a set to put in the work lights of my lightbar

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it is. But I didn't take the metal cover off to see. When you get the l.e.d tails you will need
To get a led flasher for the turn sig & for the haz or u wil have hyper flash.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
There is a vendor on the forum www.thetruckstop.us who is selling kits to convert the backup lights to HIDs, with an adapter to adapt a bulb to the taillight housing.

I had thought about doing this before, problem is many times the HIDs won't be on long enough to really warm up and get to full brightness. It's also much harder on the ballasts with the short on and off cycle.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They should be fine.they have h.I.d reverse lights on caddys

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard that you should put a fairly large capacitor (not something huge for car audio) on the back up wire going to the relays. That makes it take a fraction of a second before the relays engage which prevents the HIDs from turning on when you're just shifting from park to drive.

I put some cheap driving lights on my truck mounted under the rear bumper. Those are nice because I've aimed them so they light things up about 30-40yds back. I doubt (but I could be wrong) that your H.I.Ds light up that far. But what they do light up is nice and bright.

If I had the funds to I would put some HIDs in my rear driving lights and maybe in my tails like you did. That would give me a super bright light field all the way from 0-45yds from the tail gate :)