What size tires would fit best with a 4" lift and leveled short cab/box

• 33"s

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 35"s

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 37"s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I own a 1995 C1500 Regular cab short box with 135k miles on it. I had leveling coil spacers installed bringing the front up 2 inches. I had it installed about 3 months ago. My truck does not have the torsion bar setup but instead basic coils.

I recently found this 4" Rough country lift kit that I may install.

http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-susp...L1Y3HKm0InPon9F2QvUvsaAg2F8P8HAQ#collapse1646

I am just unsure if I will need to buy new coils for the front suspension in case the spacers stretched out the coils to the point where they wont function properly.

Also what size tires should I buy to fill up the wheel well in case I do install the 4" lift. 33s, 35s or 37s?

Here is a picture of my truck in its current state with the 2 inch level with 31.25 inch tires.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,,,nice looking truck

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought my 97 in 2004. Like yours, I have put a lot of work in mine. New paint in Oct. 2013. It runs grate, looks grate, and is my daily driver.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry,, I can't help much with a lift though. I kind of went the other way. I dropped the back 2 inches, and added about 200 lbs around the receiver hitch for traction. I have performance mods, and have traction issues. The drop and added weight helped, but it will still roast the back tire. I would say that my truck is pushing around 325 HP.

Reaction score
Yeah, I would like to do some performance upgrades to mine but I want to drop a new 350 into it before I do so. The biggest thing I've done to it was converted the front end to a silverado grille assembly.

This is what it was like before when it was stock(besides the rims and bed-liner).
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea,,, the Silverado grill is a big improvement IMO. Do you have 5.7L ? There is a lot that can be done to them to improve there performance. Mine has almost 230.000 miles, And it still runs to good to replace. I did a lot of the little things to mine to get more HP out of it, but I have not been in the engine any more that the intake. The block and heads are OE. Mine is a vortec, and those heads do perform well. There is a lot of support form the TBI engines also, and a lot can be done to those engines too.

Reaction score
Yea,,, the Silverado grill is a big improvement IMO. Do you have 5.7L ? There is a lot that can be done to them to improve there performance. Mine has almost 230.000 miles, And it still runs to good to replace. I did a lot of the little things to mine to get more HP out of it, but I have not been in the engine any more that the intake. The block and heads are OE. Mine is a vortec, and those heads do perform well. There is a lot of support form the TBI engines also, and a lot can be done to those engines too.

Man I wish I had a 5.7 liter. The W/T trucks were only equipped with the 4.3 Vortec engine. That's why I plan on dropping a 350 in it. Either that or the 427 from my dads old totaled vette.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before I had my 97, I had a 93 WT I hear you about the 350. As for the 427, Man I wish I had one, but it would not go in my truck. That has old Camaro, Chevelle, Nova or even old Vette all over it. Or I have always wanted a 1970-72 El Caminio. That 427 would be perferct for that.