In cap coil ? or not...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on a 1989 K2500 , summit tells me that a in cap coil does not fit. Has anyone had any luck using one, am I missing something. I'd like to convert to one , makes a cleaner look in that area IMO. Clearance issue? is the only thing I can think of

Ideas, thoughts. ? I currently use an accel coil with an MSD cap, colors dont match for one...lol

Thought I need to replace this cap and thought I'd switch it over to the in cap coil.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wrong kind of distributor...and those coil-in-cap setups are horrible junk anyway.

Honestly? You're best off with the OEM coil and cap your truck came with. Those aftermarket pieces are just successful marketing hype.

Richard

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very cool.... I'll go with that. I do like the MSD gear though.. I use their wires and so forth. the truck had the accel on it when I bought it and it's been fine but I'm doing this heart transplant and I just want to make things right , I'm in this deep... ya know?

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very cool.... I'll go with that. I do like the MSD gear though.. I use their wires and so forth. the truck had the accel on it when I bought it and it's been fine but I'm doing this heart transplant and I just want to make things right , I'm in this deep... ya know?

I'll paint the accel red and call it a day until it quits..

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the HEI conversion on many trucks you need to get a computer control HEI from a 80s car. I got mine from a monte Carlo with a lg4 motor.
then you swap out the distributor and away you go.