Ignition Tune-Up Kit Pro Packs- anyone run one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I've been running MSD on my truck for over a year now and I have no complaints. I use E3 spark plugs as well.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my stuff from performance distributors (DUI) no issues with any of it in over a year an like alousious said the live wires are :boobs:

Check there prices, they are comparable to AC delco....

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
SO just the stock cap and rotor with a good set of wires, something like Taylor wires? should do just fine for a good strong spark ?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look for a cap/rotor with brass contacts along with a set of plug wires like MSD,Taylor or whatever will work great and if you upgrade the coil to an aftermarket performance coil youll have a very stout ignition system

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Perfect! Was looking for the most simple anwser ever! lol Thanks RAGMC .... its my first time building an engine and trying to make it on a budget ... but trying to understand how everything works at the same time so im not wasting money...

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I know it man! It just seems like these trucks just don't like the MSD stuff. The factory AC Delco stuff seems to be the best you can get for a GMT400. But besides Chevy trucks, I've heard nothing but great things for MSD.

Too bad, I was planning to use MSD till I saw this thread... Good to know about AC Delco though

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look for a cap/rotor with brass contacts along with a set of plug wires like MSD,Taylor or whatever will work great and if you upgrade the coil to an aftermarket performance coil youll have a very stout ignition system

this...though the vortec coil is fairly stout to begin with...if you wanted to save some money I wouldn't worry about changing the coil....but if you want a good one, I'd say look at the performance distributor's vortec coil. I ran one for a while and was happy with it. they have an upgraded ignition module that's pretty good too, though again, not a requirement unless you've got some money laying around that needs a home...

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SO just the stock cap and rotor with a good set of wires, something like Taylor wires? should do just fine for a good strong spark ?

I said this in the first comment of this thread....... Do I have no credibilty here?

This is like the 3rd time where it takes two pages to come back around to saying what I said in the first post.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I said this in the first comment of this thread....... Do I have no credibilty here?

This is like the 3rd time where it takes two pages to come back around to saying what I said in the first post.

Ahahaha