Ignition Control Module grease??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naphidim

Reaction score
what is the name of that grease we put
between the ignition control module and the distributor? I have a 1990 chevy cheyenne v6 262.

I think its for protecting the ICM from over heating or arcing....

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
It is dielectric grease your referring to.. its good to put on any electrical connections

Zjeepster

Reaction score
Do not use die electric grease on the ignition module.. You can use it on electrical connection to help displace water and possible corroison. What you need is called heat sink compound.. which your ignition module should have come with, if not you can go to your local radio shack or computer store and get the correct stuff.. Dielectric grease is not a good heat displacer and you will burn up you module..

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Beat me to it. Any electronics store should be able to hook you up.

Do not use die electric grease on the ignition module.. You can use it on electrical connection to help displace water and possible corroison. What you need is called heat sink compound.. which your ignition module should have come with, if not you can go to your local radio shack or computer store and get the correct stuff.. Dielectric grease is not a good heat displacer and you will burn up you module..

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
well I stand corrected.... sorry for the wrong info I posted before.

sent from the c1500 Denali