Idle drop while braking,backing out of driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know P term and D term adjust how much the spark advance reacts to idle rpm changes, but I do not know what each one does. I would have to read up in the Holley tuning manual for that ECU. I have only messed with a couple of Holley systems over the years.
P term=Park?
D term=Drive?

1994rcsbLS

Reaction score
Bit late, sorry fellas.. so after I got the truck back( i sent it in for a 9" rear swap, with disk brakes ) had the shop while in the brake system change the master to the NBS, added stainless braided lines up front, abs deleted, and wilwood proportioning valve.. have to say, truck doesnt seem to want to stall anymore. im guessing with the old setup and brakes upgraded she doesnt need much vac to stop. so seems alright now.
Thanks for everyones help!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope you also changed to GMT800 brakes out at the wheels to match the master cylinder. There have been a handful of guys who've swapped in the master cylinder while keeping their stock brakes who've had lockup problems in emergency stops.

Brakes are one of those places where you really can't just swap stuff around without doing some math.

1994rcsbLS

Reaction score
I sincerely hope you also changed to GMT800 brakes out at the wheels to match the master cylinder. There have been a handful of guys who've swapped in the master cylinder while keeping their stock brakes who've had lockup problems in emergency stops.

Brakes are one of those places where you really can't just swap stuff around without doing some math.
I don’t drive it often, but… I’ll look into that! Assuming I have to change out the calipers and pads only right?

1994rcsbLS

Reaction score

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd email them and ask the piston size. Then determine which front calipers you have and get that piston size. Then figure out which GMT800 master cylinder you have (was there more than one?) and get its piston size. Math it out and ensure you're in a safe place.