I wasn't sure where to put this thread. . . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I just did mine after 19 years in iowa just needed wrenches and sockets no torch the shock bolt really arent prone to rusting now if your gona remove the bumper at any time youll need a torch lol

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
After 22 Wisconsin winters he's probably gonna need propane, WD40, and vise grips. Oh, and that hammer.

Last I checked it was still cold as $hit up there. Good luck!

As a professional technician, I can truthfully say WD-40 is not something you spray on a fastener to help it break loose, its more useful for squeaks and fishing lures.

If you want something to penetrate and help break stuff loose.

Wurth Rost-Off.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I work on trucks for a living... No oil you spray on will "break a fastener free" for you. You still have to do that... The oil of your choice just makes it easier to spin off once you do get it free.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As a professional technician, I can truthfully say WD-40 is not something you spray on a fastener to help it break loose, its more useful for squeaks and fishing lures.

If you want something to penetrate and help break stuff loose.

Wurth Rost-Off.

As a professional nothing, I can truthfully say that fish don't eat WD-40 so I wouldn't spray it on fishing lures, and it attracts dirt so its only temporary at stopping squeaks.

Reaction score
WD40 is made of fish oil....lol PB blaster is what i use, ya have to let it soak in and itll soften the rust and gunk maken it a lil easier to break loose.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have issues with the spray tip on the PB? I have 6 cans of it and every single one of them sprays all over when I use them. More of it goes up than forward. Maybe I got a bad lot?

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have issues with the spray tip on the PB? I have 6 cans of it and every single one of them sprays all over when I use them. More of it goes up than forward. Maybe I got a bad lot?

You got a bad lot... They spray a nice narrow stream

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured so, found em in a storage unit so they may have different nozzles on them too. They didn't cost anything but I hate wasting it.

CDHenry6

Reaction score
Marshfield, WI. Born and raised in Central PA.
Maybe swap out the nozzle from another aerosol can would help ? I use either Fluid Film ( lanolin based )http://www.fluid-film.com or a product called Breakaway http://www.northwoodstm.com/store/pc/configurePrd.asp?idProduct=183 by Northwoods Superior Chemical Corporation.
I usually use the Breakaway to help penetrate, and Fluid Film afterwards. My old boss has a case or two of Northwoods stuff just laying around, so it's free. Good thing, too because the Fluid Film ain't cheap, but it does AWESOME ! I used to use it on everything when I had my old plow truck ( 1995 Dodge Ram, 1 ton SRW Regular cab long box Cummins 5.9 dialed up to about 300 HP )