I need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wgharv

Reaction score
as a background I am not a great mechanic but i have always been able to fix a problem if I know what it is. Well, i'm not sure what i need to fix this time and really need help. I have a 92 2wd sport with a 5.7L. It started off by wanting to die if it had a load on it at lower rpms, then before I could figure out the issue it just died completely and wont't start back. It will start for a few seconds then dies. I have hooked it up to my computer and have attached pictures of what i was able to get, but i really don't know what needs to be replaced. there are so many things here that I don't know where to start. Any advice would be appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Something isn't right in your data. So as a base from memory on most cold GMs you will be looking
TPS .4-.7 volt goes up as you press gas pedal to 4.5ish
O2 .45 volt
Ect/ coolant ambient temp
Battery volt 11.8-13.3
Map 4.5ish
Baro 4.5ish
Iac ??

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So then questions are have you checked for spark, fuel, and fuel pressure.

Wgharv

Reaction score
i have checked for fuel and spark, but not pressure. That makes sense. What pressure should it be at? if low, i assume that means the fuel pump is bad?

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes low pressure is usually a bad pump, 12 psi for a 92 I think it is. And it does sound like a bad fuel pump or plugged fuel filter.