i need a/c help, please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
When I bought the truck I was aware that the a/c wasn't functioning properly, but I just figured it needed to be recharged so I bought a can of a/c pro to recharge the system. When I connected the kit and tried to charge the system it turned out the system was fully charged. So, what is causing my compressor not to kick on? I have checked all the fuses and connections and e erything seems to be good. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I don't think, but even if it was bad wouldn't it atleast kick on? The compressor never kicks on no matter what I do.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
is the pressure switch bad?

Sent from my static android

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
also give us a little info on the truck ie year engine and so on

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Near the accumalator (drier) there is wires that go to a screw in switch , unplug the wires and jump the plug with a paperclip and see if the compressor kicks on, if it does, replace the switch. BTW, silly question, the compressor is not locked up right? Also with the ac turned on and the engine running, wiggle all your underhood ac wires, compressor, high/low pressure switches etc. Maybe also consider hooking gauges up to it, sometimes you can diagnose the problem with the readings.

Sent from the frito crumb covered Android via Tapatalk 2

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Near the accumalator (drier) there is wires that go to a screw in switch , unplug the wires and jump the plug with a paperclip and see if the compressor kicks on, if it does, replace the switch. BTW, silly question, the compressor is not locked up right? Also with the ac turned on and the engine running, wiggle all your underhood ac wires, compressor, high/low pressure switches etc. Maybe also consider hooking gauges up to it, sometimes you can diagnose the problem with the readings.

yep that switch your referring to is what I was thinking and once on my Camaro the plug on the compressor itself was just loose :nono:

frito-bandito

Reaction score
yep that switch your referring to is what I was thinking and once on my Camaro the plug on the compressor itself was just loose :nono:

That damn switch stumps my mechanics at the shop on the semis too, don't know how many times I told them to jump the plug to test it :nono:

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Sorry, for the delay.

The truck is a 97 gmc sierra 5.7L

We unplugged the pressure switch and jumped it and nothing. We tried wiggling a few of the connectors and nothing.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Sorry, for the delay.

The truck is a 97 gmc sierra 5.7L

We unplugged the pressure switch and jumped it and nothing. We tried wiggling a few of the connectors and nothing.

Sounds like there's a short in the wiring somewhere, because when you jump the switch, the compressor should come on regardless of freon level :think:Sent from the frito crumb covered Android via Tapatalk 2