I love the shorty headers on my '94burb. I know. I know.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed some JBA shorty headers, a Magnaflow cat and it already had a Magnaflow muffler. I understand that there are some of you that say the shorty headers are a waste, don't do much and I respect the opinions of everyone on the GMT400 site.

That being said I do feel a difference. The response seems better and the sound of them is enough to make me smile a little more while driving. It could be a placebo effect I guess. The sound could make me feel as if they're working. Not sure and really don't care. The lack of rattles and exhaust leaks from replacing my old system makes all of the difference too.

I love my Suburban and those shorty headers helped put a new spark into our relationship. I'm not sure what to do next though. Thinking about a TBI mod.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shortys don't make "as much" power as long tubes, but they are MUCH better than the 40 odd pounds of cast iron laying in your scrap pile did.

Keep an eye on spark plug boots melting on the tubes and after a few heat cycles check all your header bolts.

And congrats!

97Rabbit

Reaction score
I was thinking bout buying some shorties as well since im not out to make a race truck... just want alittle more power and a little better sound ;) I think you just helped me make my decision! ! Thank you sir!

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
That's for sharing!

I may be ordering a cheap set and having them ceramic coated. Look into spark plug boot shields. It kinda works like a exhaust wrap.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well anyway you look at it the shorties are 100% better then the manifolds,i noticed a difference on my tbi with the shorties.I can only imagine the gain with the longtubes.

steampunk1375

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now that you've had some time with those JBA headers, what sort of improvements have you seen? Power? Milage?