I know, I know...... But I'm running out of options.... Don't hate me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 2500hd 6.0 4l80e.

I have had a vibration since I bought the truck in June of last year. Have not been able to pin point it on where it's coming from. I wasn't concerned about it either

Fast forward to last weekend and it has gotten stronger. The only thing I did different than normal is pulled a couple of my friends out of a mud hole (I don't take my truck in the mud).

I have checked and replaced u joints in the rear driveshaft, checked for play in rear wheel bearings, removed front drive shaft, no play in pinion on rear axle. Hooked up to a trailer to add weight behind the axle. All of these resulted in no change.

The vibration showes up between 65-70, is at its peak at 75mph and is gone by 80. Now if I am holding steady at 75 and let off, the vibration is gone completely.

Any insight would be great and very appreciated

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually shows up at a lower speed but check your tires, may be cupped...

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll check them but they better not be. They're 1.5 months old lol. Also if it was in the tires I don't think it would go away completely when you let off the gas

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Sounds like its somwhere in the driveline to me

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking I'm afraid it either in the t case or the rear end internals. I can do the outer hubs of the rear axle no problem but internals I haven't adventured into fixing those before....

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Is it a 2 peice driveshaft? It could be the center support bearing or the driveshaft may need to be balanced.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negative. One piece steel.

I have thought about the driveshaft balance but I have to find a shop around here that can balance it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I did not..... I never thought of that..... I hope they didn't loosen up. I just put a converter in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk