I got lucky? 34 year old Canadian Cab Mount Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do the cab mount repair on my 90 standard cab and after 34 Canadian winters of salt, there was only one bolt that I could remove with an extractor socket. The rest were way too rusted to get anything on.
I cleaned off what was left of the head, held a nut against them and tacked a new nut onto them. Much to my surprise, I got them all out without breaking or spinning anything.
The extractor socket took off the rad support mounts too, and there wasn't a lot left of those nuts either. That's what victory looks like!
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I’ve seen pictures of worse though. What cab mounts are you replacing with?

Last edited:

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! I’ve seen pictures of worse though. What cab mounts are you replacing with?
I haven't bought new ones yet. I would really like to go with stock, but an aftermarket set is a LOT cheaper. I know the ride will be harsher, but I'm looking at a set of Energy Suspension ones on Amazon for $131.68.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought new ones yet. I would really like to go with stock, but an aftermarket set is a LOT cheaper. I know the ride will be harsher, but I'm looking at these.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That link doesn’t work.
I have a set of Original GM mounts for sale, but they are definitely cheaper at LMC Trucks.

rzr6-4

Reaction score

These are the U-bolts that hold the axle to the leaf spring. I was underneath trying to figure out why my rear end has so much wobble (need leaf spring bushings) and my brother in law happened to walk by and see just how bad these were. Got them out just in time.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

These are the U-bolts that hold the axle to the leaf spring. I was underneath trying to figure out why my rear end has so much wobble (need leaf spring bushings) and my brother in law happened to walk by and see just how bad these were. Got them out just in time.
Time for a U-bolt flip kit instead of replacing with OEM design. I mean, the original style will last plenty of years, but those were beyond their lifespan already!

Richard