i bought new headers, but they are too big for the stock y pipe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombie69lol

Reaction score
:whymewhyme:
alright, so i went ahead and i bought these headers - http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180841244658
i got them delivered, they came, finally. i unboxed them, went out to the truck and took the old manifolds off in 45 minutes. i went to connect the headers to the stock y pipe, and , it's 3 inch. i was wondering if you could suggest anything that i could do. obviously i need to get a bigger y pipe, and i was planning on that anyways, plus a high flow cat. but i don't want to have to change everything. i just want a 3 inch y pipe to connect to my 3 inch headers and a 3 inch high flow cat. so, any suggestions? any products you think i should use? i really need some help here because i'm ripping my hair out just looking at the truck sitting collecting dust. :whymewhyme:

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to your local pick and pull and try to find an exhaust off of a 2500?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
your ebay Link says these headers dont fit on a 99' suburban. have you bolted them onto the heads to see if the exhaust ports match or if the headers even bolt up?

zombie69lol

Reaction score
i have a 91 sierra, i bolted them on and it all lined up perfectly. it's a 3 inch collector on the headers, so it won't fit on the stock y pipe. whatever size they may be. i'm guessing 2.5? and allll the scrap yards in my area don't keep any gmc that is older than 2002, so i am SOL there.

zombie69lol

Reaction score
okay perfect, the headers i bought came with those. so i'm thinking i can just buy a 3 inch flowtech y pipe and a 3 inch high flow cat, and then it should all connect easy peasy, well, hopefully.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
It might be cheaper for an exhaust shop to fab up a y-Pipe for you.