hypertech max energy programer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a hypertech max energy programer for sale in local classifieds for about half price. I know custom tunes like blackbear are the best but is there any noticeable gains with the hypertech
I like How you can check and clear engine codes. Does setting the shift points and firmness make a decent difference?
In the end from members with the hypertech are you pleased with it and the gaijs? Would it be worth half the cost or do u wish you has gone with q custom tune?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I liked mine beacause it let me read codes & clear 'em. It let me raise the rev-limiter & shift points, & remove the speed limiter:rocking:. It also allowed the changes to the computer for different tire sizes. The 'firm' shift mode wasn't very noticeable, but the truck was a V6.
Then I look at it & think "$400.00 ?!?"
If you get the one near you make sure that the previous owner has zeroed out the changes he made with it to his truck. Even then, you might have to download an upgrade from Hypertech. That means you will have to get the interface cable. $20-30.00.
I'd still get one, if it was 1/2 price. Code readers can also be picked up for less than $50.00, but don't do a lot of what the hypertech does.

97__Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love mine. It definitely woke it up IMO before i could barley spin the tires now i can roast them through second gear. 20hp and 45tq isn't bad at all for a gain on a gas engine. I really like it because you cant change the programming from 96-07. I also run their 160* PowerStat.