Hydroboost pedal question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phillip

Reaction score
I am doing a hydroboost swap on my 91 gmc c2500 with all 94 parts. My truck is a automatic but I found a brake pedal that came from a 5 speed. Will the pedal swap right in or do I need one from a auto? I know the 5 speed pedal pad is smaller.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the 5-speed pedal have the brake linkage hole in the proper position? Is the linkage hole location different from the existing pedal?

I've never done a Hydroboost conversion. I'm surprised you need to change the pedal.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the 5-speed pedal have the brake linkage hole in the proper position? Is the linkage hole location different from the existing pedal?

I've never done a Hydroboost conversion. I'm surprised you need to change the pedal.

The hydroboost pedal has a shorter distance between the pin that the linkage comes from the booster attaches to and the pivot point of the pedal. It is a signifigant difference in distance. On my Express van I used the hydroboost pedal from a 1-ton.