Hunters "Big Nasty" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Looks beautiful, man

Thanks!

I'd leave the faded paint. It completes the hunting truck look

Most likely going to be the case. Lol or OD green.

Looks pretty mean! Just not a fan of the saw blade style wheels. But for a off road/hunting rig, it looks great!

I don't care for them to much either but I had them. They are perfect for what I use it for though.

classic locks and boggers

I've been looking on CL for a cheap set of the non lock Mickey thompsons. Not that I'll put them on now, but have them for whenever I get bored with this. Lol.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Decided to sell my boggers for something easier on the street, since this won’t be a dedicated hunting truck anymore, my hunting lease is no longer allowing trucks to be used, only atv’s. So I’m going to drive this truck more to keep some miles off my new Ram. I got some free nnbs chrome 17’s (not my favorite, but they’ll do for now) and I went and picked up some 35/12.50r17 Super Swamper IROK nd’s bought them at Interco for $172 a piece. Will be getting them installed next week after I replace my leaf springs (one is bent), removing the aal and lowering the lift down to 4”.

Pics of how is sits at the moment and of the new tires going on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I like it! Man that paint sure went to ***** lol

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I like it! Man that paint sure went to ***** lol

Thanks. And yeah that happens when u have no clear coat and it stay uncovered. Lol. But Soon I’ll be getting a good bed and drivers door and then I’ll have to replace the cab corner, then prime the whole truck, then it’ll get a coat of white raptor liner, it’ll be a slow process but sanding and priming the roof will be priority.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That's the direction mine is headed too unfortunately. Ah well. It'll get a paint job one of these days.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Holy blast from the past!!

Still looks good....even with the rough paint lol. Those wheels don’t look half bad on there

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Truck has been running rich for a while now, so I decided to do a tune up with a few extras after the fuel pump crapped out on me the other day. So I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, dist cap, rotor, spark plugs, ignition coil, ignition module, map sensor, O2 sensor and coolant temp sensor. Replaced everything with Ac Delco or Delphi parts, cranked it up and it ran like poo, rough/sporadic idle, so I remembered reading a bad review on the ac Delco ignition module and they were having the same issue, so I swapped it back out with the cheap Orielly’s ignition module and it ran smooth as glass, then I set the timing and she’s running like a new truck again. So I guess AC Delco isn’t what they use to be... snapped a pic after I got back from driving it. Seems to run a lot better.

Just order new blower motor, blower motor resistor and a mode actuator, trying to get it slightly more comfortable to drive, need to delete the oil cooler lines because they are leaking and get an alignment the I’m going to daily her to work to keep miles off my Cummins. The camper was temporary, had to bring a mountain of cans to the scrap yard...

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Got some new exhaust today on the 94. Got the catalytic converter taken off, 2.5” pipe to a new flowmaster fx muffler and a 2.5” tailpipe in the stock location. Old exhaust was a catalytic converter that wasn’t original, but it was old, rattling and plugged, had a single in dual out 40 series flowmaster with turndowns, the old muffler had a hole in it. The new exhaust is surprisingly very quiet, not stock quiet, but quiet. I’m happy with it. Truck got some power back, so I’m happy!