Howdy from Crouse,Nc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have hopped in and out of the forum for a while reading different posts and thought I would finally register and introduce myself. I live in the huge metropolis of Crouse, NC:hmm: I run a small scrap metal business and I love GM trucks. Right now I have 2 GMT 400's. One is a 1990 GMC Sierra ex-cab long bed 1500 2wd with 500K miles and the other is a 94 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4 with 300K. The GMC is semi retired ( mostly due to the fiance burning up reverse). Both trucks have been worked hard and put up wet. Here are a few pics.
The day I bought the beast
You must be registered for see images attach

Pulling a 6700 pound ice box

Pulling a 11,000 pound dozer chassis not bad for a 1500.

And the WarWagon hard at work

hauling an old hay wagon

Future plans are
WarWagon either a restoration or pulling the power train and sticking it in another truck.

The Beast - fixing the helper air bags ( one took some shrapnel) I have a set off a semi trailer to put back on it
mild lift
Brush guard and front bumper
Light bar on roof
Backup camera
Strobes in the lights
10,000 lb mile marker hydraulic winch ( been sitting in the shed for almost 2 years now waiting on a bumper)

I cant do anything too radical with either truck because they are work trucks.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I would have got a dually when I bought the Beast but I needed lockable storage to keep my tools out of sight. And I have 3 kids. Easier to let them get in the back two seats.

Reaction score
I sold my Yukon for the dually because I do more **** haulin than people haulin. My g/f hates the dually and wants the Yukon back. I am looking for a 3/4 ton burb with the 454, I figure I'll settle in the middle with her, heavier duty suv!! She'll never know!

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had no complaints against the Beast. I had to have the trans rebuild and then had to put a new rear end in it. Put a trutrac in it and haven't looked back. The greatest advantage is that the trailer gets beat up not the truck. There is now way to haul scrap metal and not beat up what you haul it in.