How to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Stupid questions maybe but how do you photoshop? Is it a program you download or buy? Why can some people do it and others cannot?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Photoshop is used loosely a lot of times. Personally i use the real Adobe Photoshop CS5, but there alot of other image editing programs out there (ie gimp, coral paintshop pro, elements, etc) to edit pictures similar to the actual Photoshop. The Adobe Photoshop is a program you buy, but the aforementioned programs have a some similar tools and most of the time can accomplish similar task at a fraction of the price. Although nowadays just about any program can be had for free via the internet, but i won't get into that now.

Now as far a "How to Photoshop", that takes a lot, i mean A LOT of practice. There is so many different techniques that are involved in Photoshopping a vehicle (such as rim change, chop top, color change, lower, lift, render, tint, etc etc). There are several online sites that are dedicated to to Photoshopping vehicles, that are loaded with different tutorials and such. If you're wanting to get into it, I'd be more then happy to help you out! The reason some people can and others cant do it, is mostly because of the price of the programs, the difficulty for some, and because of the amount of practice it takes to become fluent with the program. It takes patients and alot of practice, but it is a very handy and useful tool to have!

Here is a link to Adobe Photoshop: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop.html
Here's a link to a site that has a ton of good tutorials: http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
How do I get it? I would LOVE the help. How can you help me from a lake and two states away? Are you that good :hmm:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do I get it? I would LOVE the help. How can you help me from a lake and two states away? Are you that good :hmm:

:lol: Yes i am that good! lol just kiddin! First of all you need to decide which program you want, If i where you i would start out with Adobe Photoshop Elements, because if you don't have prior experience with photoshop CS5 it can be really overwhelming for a someone just getting into it. What photshop Elements basically is, is a more user friendly version of CS5 without as many bells and whistles. Adobe offers 30 day free trial of all there photo editing programs, so basically you can try before you by. So i would strongly reccommend to test it out and get the feel of it before dropping money on a program.

Here is a link to the adobe site for Photoshop Elements: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
OK. Downloaded the "winzip" from the adobe link you gave above. Now what do I do?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Once you've downloaded it, you should be able to double click that winzip folder and it should give you instructions for installation, once you have it, I'll walk you through some things I use a lot, and I'm sure Mean Green has a lot to offer as well.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once you've downloaded it, you should be able to double click that winzip folder and it should give you instructions for installation, once you have it, I'll walk you through some things I use a lot, and I'm sure Mean Green has a lot to offer as well.

Yep Rhamill is spot on, once it finishes downloading you'll be able to double click on it and that should walk you through the rest of the way. I'm assuming you took my advise and went with Photoshop Elements? If so, the tool you will no doubt use the most is the "Polygonal Lasso tool", which is more then less the equivalent of the Pen tool in CS5. If you need ANY help figuring it anything out, I'll be more then happy to help, and I'm sure Rhamill will too! :handshake: