How to replace spider injector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
they are capable of supplying a little more fuel then the old one and i read that the old one requires 60 psi to fire, and the new one only requires 30 psi so if you have a problem with getting fuel then it wont shut you down completely, and its not going to be your fuel filter, because it specifically says you have a misfire in cylinder 5, that means its isolated to 1 cylinder, i had a random misfire code, it ended up being because i had a mini fire in my intake manifold and it melted my spider so fuel was just going anywhere, but because yours lists what cylinder it is then you know its something like your spark plug, wire, or maybe the cylinder 5 injectorisnt working properly, you sure you put everything back together right?

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yepp that's right I heard the same thing and they aren't as prone to getting clogged up and yeah I checked te plug today and it looked carbon fouled and I pulled another one and it was clean so I may buy a new plug and see and yes I'm sure I put everything together right.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
If its P0305

P0305 Code - Cylinder #5 Misfire

Technical Description

Cylinder #5 Misfire Detected

What does that mean?

A P0305 code means that the the car's computer has detected that one of the engine's cylinders is not firing properly. In this case it's cylinder #5.

Symptoms

Symptoms may include:
the engine may be harder to start
the engine may stumble / stumble, and/or hesitate
other symptoms may also be present
Causes

A code P0305 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plug or wire
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Running out of fuel
Poor compression
Defective computer
Possible Solutions

If there are no symptoms, the simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back.

If there are symptoms such as the engine is stumbling or hesitating, check all wiring and connectors that lead to the cylinders (i.e. spark plugs). Depending on how long the ignition components have been in the car, it may be a good idea to replace them as part of your regular maintenance schedule. I would suggest spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor (if applicable). Otherwise, check the coils (a.k.a. coil packs). In some cases, the catalytic converter has gone bad. If you smell rotten eggs in the exhaust, your cat converter needs to be replaced. I've also heard in other cases the problems were faulty fuel injectors.

Found here>>>http://www.obd-codes.com/p0305