How to make my 89's check engine light work with LS swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I am doing my LS Swap right now and this is extremely helpful. Wonder what you did for your gas pedal? Did you go DBWire or DBCable??
If you are doing a DBW swap and have any questions, I might be able to help. I did one on my 90 in 2018 and still working perfectly, even has cruise control!

Aleks2505

Reaction score
Sorry, I know this was a while back but I missed your offer. Swap is now complete, so thanks for your offer to help.

John White

Reaction score
If you are doing a DBW swap and have any questions, I might be able to help. I did one on my 90 in 2018 and still working perfectly, even has cruise control!
I did and 04 Cadillac EXT 6.0 DBW swap into my 93 and I've got everything working except cruise control. How did you do it

John White

Reaction score
How do I make my 89's check engine light work with LS swap?

Sorry if this is the wrong section for this question, but I figure it is swap related.

I just picked up a clean 89 Scottsdale that has a 00' LS engine swapped in. It is using a stock 4.8 and ECU, and what I am told is a Painless harness.

I have 2 leads from the harness that are for a check engine light. The info I need is on the truck side.

The light is currently on all the time as the stock ECU is gone. I just want a heads up on where to tap into the dash harness to make it work with my new ECU.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this is the wrong section for this question, but I figure it is swap related.

I just picked up a clean 89 Scottsdale that has a 00' LS engine swapped in. It is using a stock 4.8 and ECU, and what I am told is a Painless harness.

I have 2 leads from the harness that are for a check engine light. The info I need is on the truck side.

The light is currently on all the time as the stock ECU is gone. I just want a heads up on where to tap into the dash harness to make it work with my new ECU.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!
Did you ever get an answer on your CEL wiring? If not I can probably help.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I did and 04 Cadillac EXT 6.0 DBW swap into my 93 and I've got everything working except cruise control. How did you do it

Take your stock cruise module on/off signal, set/coast signal, resume/accel signal, and positive brake signal to the cruise wires on the TAC module. Stock obs cruise brake signal opens the circuit when you hit the brake, so I teed into the brake light signal for that wire. Pretty easy.