How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to get one of these DIC for my 1998 Z71. I can't seem to find one at the local yard so if anyone has a full function one, PM me!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Good question. I dont imagine they're any different wiring wise

Sent from the Rat powered LG

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason i'm asking is because I finally found a dic at my local scrap yard but it is out of a chevy astro van. Only problem is somebody took the temp sensor from it. I found a temp sensor out of a blazer but I'm not sure if they can be mixed matched like that, I don't see why not, it's just another thermistor.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
The reason i'm asking is because I finally found a dic at my local scrap yard but it is out of a chevy astro van. Only problem is somebody took the temp sensor from it. I found a temp sensor out of a blazer but I'm not sure if they can be mixed matched like that, I don't see why not, it's just another thermistor.

Depends.

There are 2 sensors depending on years. Or maybe it was the temp/comp model and the temp/mode dic. Can't remember exactly.

Either way, get them mismatched and the temp reading will be incorrect.

Last edited:

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an update on the install, The Astro module worked with the blazer's ambient sensor (Both cars were 2000's). Everything works great, I'm very happy with it. MPG seems to be dead on. My only question is when you look at the wiring diagram, pin 14 going to the DIC module should have a 12 V constant. My harness did not have wires at pins 13 and 14 so I didn't end up hooking up 12 V constant to it. Does anybody know why you would need a constant source of power going to the module?

mchlgriffith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update on the install, The Astro module worked with the blazer's ambient sensor (Both cars were 2000's). Everything works great, I'm very happy with it. MPG seems to be dead on. My only question is when you look at the wiring diagram, pin 14 going to the DIC module should have a 12 V constant. My harness did not have wires at pins 13 and 14 so I didn't end up hooking up 12 V constant to it. Does anybody know why you would need a constant source of power going to the module?

i would assume the constant source of power would be to store some kind of memory, like the average economy, gallons used, average speed? i could be wrong .... (edited for typo)