how to get faster? help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OGKoopa.

Reaction score
Im wanting too know what i can do to get faster! I drive a all stock 1995 Silverado ecsb and i feel like i have a horrible acceleration response. What frustrates me is that i cant even beat stock old old toyota pickups. thanks. sorry new to trucks.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Give us some more info on your truck and we'll be able to help you more, but in general...headers and exhaust, gears, chip, cam, stall

OGKoopa.

Reaction score
a 1995 OBS silverado ecsb. extended cab. im pretty sure i have the 350 V8 5.7 can conform this? its the stock motor? completely stock with around 170k and synthetic oil

OGKoopa.

Reaction score
ive started getting synthetic oil my last oil changes. what do you guys mean by tune up?

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
Tune up is new spark plugs and wires. Clean air filter, oil change, fuel filter, and pcv valve are pretty easy/affordable things that should be done as well.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fuel filter spark plugs and wires distributor cap spark plugs timing adjusted if need be air filter should be priority
exhaust is fun and actually helps it breathe

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
ive started getting synthetic oil my last oil changes. what do you guys mean by tune up?

Get ready for leaks. If your truck is a 5.7, 2wd then you shouldn't be lacking power off the line. The 4l60e has a very low 1st. Tune it up, check for vacuum leaks and change your air filter.