How to: factory auxiliary trans cooler upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Thank you
You are welcome, if you do this go to a pick and pull and score the cooler mounting bracket from another truck. I can get you the part number of a cooler that is larger and fits with a small mod the the mounting bracket.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I put a Tru-cool M7B in my Suburban, it was made in Canada by LONG if I remember. It was cheaper to purchase on Amazon when I got it in 2019 than it is now.. They have quite a few different sizes listed, currently the M7B is OOS on Amazon but it is still available else where.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your truck didn’t come with factory cooler, also grab the lower radiator baffle. It has a slightly different cutout than the one pictured below to allow cooler lines to cooler.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the bracket @evilunclegrimace mentioned, also note the plastic clips that hold the cooler lines. It’s the “smalls” that make an install easier.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think my truck has a lower baffle now. I hope to get lucky at the yard and find the baffle, luckily I have seen the coolers available.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These coolers are hard to find online for under $100. I will try my luck at finding one at pik n pull tonorrow. My truck has the stock trans cooler, so thats a relief!