How to clean engnie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You've already circled everything I'd cover. Find a self-serve car wash with an engine degreaser and go to it.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no problem man, do it up and post up the results. I'd like to see this.

Badass69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soap and hot water in any pressure washer would make that mess look like new.........

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Soap and hot water in any pressure washer would make that mess look like new.........

I was under the impression that most pressure washers won't handle hot water. I borrow my dad's and it has a warning sticker on it saying not to run hot water. No big deal, as I would have to run a hose from the basement, out the window.

Badass69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression that most pressure washers won't handle hot water. I borrow my dad's and it has a warning sticker on it saying not to run hot water. No big deal, as I would have to run a hose from the basement, out the window.

Do you guys not have hot water at any self serve car washes? Every single carwash here has hot water as cold does absolutely nothing in comparison. My personal pressure washer I have says the same thing but I think its more the degree of water you put through it. Considering I have a ceramic valve pump I am sure mine would be fine. That said my well water makes more of a mess on a vehicle than you can imagine so I never have and never will wash anything at home anyhow making my carwash useful for cleaning my houses siding, shop floor and patio only.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Do you guys not have hot water at any self serve car washes? Every single carwash here has hot water as cold does absolutely nothing in comparison. My personal pressure washer I have says the same thing but I think its more the degree of water you put through it. Considering I have a ceramic valve pump I am sure mine would be fine. That said my well water makes more of a mess on a vehicle than you can imagine so I never have and never will wash anything at home anyhow making my carwash useful for cleaning my houses siding, shop floor and patio only.

Yes, but I tend to think of the carwash and a pressure washer as two separate things. I've recently switched carwashs. I got tired of the old standby not having the tire/engine cleaner, which is the whole reason I'd go there in the first place! The nice thing about place I go to know is they have warm rinse water....... the old place only the soap was warm. Unfortunately, the engine cleaner at the new place didn't do much to the garbage on my spare valve covers.

The warm rinse water sure is nice......... considering I sprayed my pants directly trying to rinse a radiator. It was about 30 degrees out. I walked in the house and the cat looks at me like, "what happened to you???"