How to adjust tbi valves!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to adjust tbi valves? Ive been told like 5 ways of how to do it and I don't know what way is the best

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to adjust tbi valves? Ive been told like 5 ways of how to do it and I don't know what way is the best

I have always done it with it running and lossened 1 rocker at a time till it starts to click then tighten it back down till it stops and go 1/8 to 1/4 turn.

If you go too far you can hear the odd noise in the exhaust. (if you dont have stock)

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They adjust just like any other SBC. I usually pull the valve covers and roll the motor till one of the valves is opening, which with stock cams will put the other valve on the base circle of the cam, ie it's closed. I then roll the push rod between my fingers until I feel a drag, and add a quarter turn to set the preload on the lifter. Do this for all cylinders where one valve is open and the other is on its base circle. Roll the motor 180 degrees and repeat, and so on till they're all set. Pretty quick and easy.