How to adjust transfer case?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wozny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t know which NP transfer case is in my 92 2500 but the shift rod needs to be shortened and I can’t see how to adjust it. It’s in two pieces and one piece looks like a pipe the other rod piece slides into. The knob only goes half way forward on the floor.
I’m assuming when the automatic was replaced by a NV4500 the T case moved farther from the floor shifter. I could lengthen it by welding a piece in if I knew what the difference in length of the trannies. Thanks

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NP-241. There is an adjustment, not sure exactly what it entails. Never had to mess with it...

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NP-241. There is an adjustment, not sure exactly what it entails. Never had to mess with it...
Linkage adjustment?

...sole shift lever
6. Lower the vehicle....lol

Attachments

• 93 Transfer Case.jpg
    93 Transfer Case.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 23

Wozny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, Looks like they’re threaded, that’s a big help. I can figure out how much to weld in now.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread out of "Transmissions" and into "Transfer Cases".

the shift rod needs to be shortened... ...I could lengthen it by welding a piece in if I knew what the difference in length of the trannies.
Do you want it shorter, or longer?

Last edited: