how much lift ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im going to ask a few qustions about some different options ive been looking at ..... First off My truck is 94 Sierra GT exsb 4x4 and I belive with the gt pkg its a z71 . Im wanting to put 20 inch wheels on the truck with 305-55-20 tires which should be about a 33 ( if im wrong please correct me ) ive seen this tire size on an OBS truck here in town that was not lifte. most likely leveld though (i dont remeber). However I dont want to loose my ride quality and I dont want alot of lift leveld would be perfect. I have seen Rough Country makes a 2-3 inch lift for these trucks. The ad in 4 wheel & offroad that its redesigned. I know nothing about them is a drop, or is it just keys. for $519.95 I cant imagine it s just keys but I also cant imagine it being a drop. If anyone has used this lift or has any idea how I can acomplish this goal I would greatly appreciate your comment ( even if its not what i want to hear )

Thanks C.W.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Your ride will suffer yes. More than likely you will need to trim to fit those without a lift with it not being stock wheels but you may be able to get by without. The 3 inch lift is nothing to be overly excited about and definitely not worth the $500. If you want to fit them without trimming and without your ride suffering you can either put a body lift on or get a 6 inch rcx and leave the aal out of the rear and leave the front decranked. The only reason I say 6 instead of 4 is because they are the same kit and the 6 just comes with the aal and after you go with a 4 inch more than likely you will want a 6 inch.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 3" body lift would be better and cheaper then the 2-3" RC lift, which does still use crank to lift, only has drop brackets for the diff to help the CV angles. A 3" body lift will clear the 33's, even with some offset rims and will keep your smooth ride.

nigh train

Reaction score
i just put in the rough country lift 2 days ago. drops ur diff like 1.5 inches and u just crank ur bars up. stiff as hell but from what i can see all my angles are pretty good. it comes with blocks or add a leafs i got add a leafs but it is really really stiff. befor i cranked it i had a 3 inch body lift and i ran 315/75/16s with no rubbing and went pretty well. i only did the rc lift cus i bent a controll arm off road and had bad ball joints. if i were you i would level ur truck with ur keys and put a couple inches of body lift in.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you bought a $500 lift because a control arm was bad and ball joints? you could have changed them with new parts for cheaper then their lift kit.

nigh train

Reaction score
well ur from wv im from maine. i cant lift my truck sky high and not get tickets so i got the kit that helped from wearing parts as fast as just cranking bars.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well ur from wv im from maine. i cant lift my truck sky high and not get tickets so i got the kit that helped from wearing parts as fast as just cranking bars.

I would say depending on where you live this may be true... but I get harassed weekly on my little baby lift... my buddy has a cherokee on a 4.5" lift and hes been to court twice because of his lift