how hard is it to swap engines.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're having problems getting the engine over the radiator support...you have a ****** engine hoist.

For fukk sakes, DO NOT use one of those crappy "engine levelers", they're entirely un-needed, and eat up about a foot of lifting capacity.

Reaction score
"For fukk sakes, DO NOT use one of those crappy "engine levelers", they're entirely un-needed, and eat up about a foot of lifting capacity." Have to disagree with that one. But I always pull the trans. with the engine since I usually replace them both. Get a decent hoist with enough vertical range and load rating and use the engine leveler if you're going to pull them both. You'll be glad you did. Also, the plastic plug that goes over the trans. output shaft and inside the seal to keep the trans. fluid from spilling out when you tilt the eng./trans. to get it out. Works for me.

Dusnoetos

Reaction score
Thanks every one for the good advice. Sounds like a good hoist is very important. I have found a nice mechanic willing to offer advice if I hit a snag. I have all the hand tools need (lots of extensions). And a calibrated torque wrench.
I've been told by many people that I have an uncanny ability to understand how things fit together (mechanicly minded).
Plus I am able to find 'out side of the box' solutions to many problems. None-the-less good advice is always appreciated.