How does your lift kit wear on your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let out your struggles here haha we all sacrifice our parts for cool looking lift kits sooo what parts have you had to replace on your vehicle because of a lift kit?

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill start! i had to replace both rear axle shafts a couple weeks ago (got it done at a shop ($$$$$)) and now i have to replace my cv axle because the boot is torn but i smartenend up and i am going to replace it myself! (im smart) ;)

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Had to replace inner/outer tie rod ends as well as the adjusting sleeves.Under full compression the sway bar would hit them and bend them downwards.Had to dis-engage the sway bar and move it up and out of the way.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Wheel bearings about twice a week. ;)

~Via Mobile \,,/

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
About 600 miles on my lifted Z71 and no problems yet. And about 5,000 mile on my lifted 2wd and no problems yet.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The idea behind a lift kit is that it just drops everything to keep your front end with the stock geometry. Even with a lift kit, people still crank the torsion bars to get that last couple of inches, which is no better for front end parts than stock front end with lots of crank. This is compounded with the fact that with a lift kit comes bigger tires, more aggressive driving, etc resulting in even more wear and tear on components not designed for this environment.

IMO, the best you can do with IFS lift kits is the knuckle lifts because they at least keep the steering at stock geometry and reduce the need to add more moving parts and pivot points into the system. Some don't like them due to their inherent track width increase. More times than not those same people end up putting 12.50" wide tires on the front which negates their whole argument, but I digress.

I have a lift and a rebuilt front end but will concede the only proper way to lift a GMT400 is with a solid front axle and crossover steering. This is considerably more out of pocket expense, but will be much stronger with less maintence costs in the long run.

My 2 cents.....