How could I fix this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moe2dippy

Reaction score
I have a 93 k1500 ext cab cab mount brackets and bushing are shot wondering if this is repairable first set of pictures are my driver side the second set are my passenger side bushing and bracket makes my truck look uneven

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s about as bad as it gets! WOW!! You can have new brackets welded on, but is there anything left of the frame?
I’d be leery of the cab rolling off exiting the highway.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Moe2dippy

Reaction score
Will this work on my extended cab Silverado it’s the bracket connected to the cab and the bed mount, and the frame is good it’s just those brackets everything else the frame is solid even notched it sitting at a 4/6 new front end steering parts new shocks welded cnotch new leaf spring bushings new shackles new fuel pump with tank and even pained the rear end frame just need to fix these two cab mounts and it sits pretty

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never seen this thing. Says it’s a Bed and Cab Mount bracket. But only for a 6.5 bed, assuming that’s what you have.
And then there’s these:

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will this work on my extended cab Silverado it’s the bracket connected to the cab and the bed mount, and the frame is good it’s just those brackets everything else the frame is solid even notched it sitting at a 4/6 new front end steering parts new shocks welded cnotch new leaf spring bushings new shackles new fuel pump with tank and even pained the rear end frame just need to fix these two cab mounts and it sits pretty
I had the same issue on my 91 C2500 8ft bed. I just fabricated independent mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_0570.jpeg
    IMG_0570.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2679.jpeg
    IMG_2679.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1727.jpeg
    IMG_1727.jpeg
    394.7 KB · Views: 13

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took a long blade sawzall and cut the brackets off the frame, welded new steel and used a hole saw to make a new hole. Then just welded them back on. If you don't have a welder or buddy with one it could be pricey