HOUSTON AREA TUNER THAT CAN TUNE 97 PCM???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_GMC

Reaction score
SUP GUYS, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYBODY HAVING TUNING ABILITY IN HOUSTON AREA???.. I NEVER FOUND ANYONE SO I WENT WITH TUNE. THE TRUCK ACTUALLY RUNS PRETTY GOOD FOR A MAIL ORDER PCM BUT THERE IS STILL ISSUES.. AND SEEMS TO BE BUSY OR IDK IT TAKES THEM A WHILE TO RESPOND.... REALLY WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO BE PRESENT WHILE TUNING IT. IT STRUGGLES TO TURN ON BUT ONCE ON IT RUNS FINE..

ANY INFO IS APPRECIATED

98_GMC

Reaction score
Black bear performance

This is what I would do..

thats actually who i have lol... still waiting on response.. hopefully they answer back soo.. if not i guess so far they are my only choice so nothing else but wait..

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a little late, but I moved this to a better forum, just FYI the feedback/help section is for feedback and help specifically about the website. hopefully you've already got it figured out but if not you should have more responses over here in this section

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can try to get ahold of Wheatly. I heard that he was only doing mail order tunes now but I am not positive. He did a wideband tune on mine before the whipple. He is in the Spring area.

98_GMC

Reaction score
a little late, but I moved this to a better forum, just FYI the feedback/help section is for feedback and help specifically about the website. hopefully you've already got it figured out but if not you should have more responses over here in this section

Thanks Bud, im actually set on doing the 411 swap.. tired of this crap lol.. i got the pcm and the connectors on the way shipped to my house as I type. now i will wait to have a free weekend to start the swap. im not sure when ill actually get to it but before the year is over lol. thks for all your help!

You can try to get ahold of Wheatly. I heard that he was only doing mail order tunes now but I am not positive. He did a wideband tune on mine before the whipple. He is in the Spring area.

thks chief, i tried to get a hold of him no luck... but just gonna do the pcm swap.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the best thing to do, my next thing is a 411 swap. We have alot of good tuners in Houston that will tune a 411 but choose wisely (unless you tune yourself). I'm probably gonna go with Bobby at Clear Lake Speed.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bud, im actually set on doing the 411 swap.. tired of this crap lol.. i got the pcm and the connectors on the way shipped to my house as I type. now i will wait to have a free weekend to start the swap. im not sure when ill actually get to it but before the year is over lol. thks for all your help!

thks chief, i tried to get a hold of him no luck... but just gonna do the pcm swap.

Are you planning on tuning it yourself or still getting a mail order tune for it?

98_GMC

Reaction score
Are you planning on tuning it yourself or still getting a mail order tune for it?

once i get the computer i will most likely take to flacos performance for tuning..

how do u have your e-fan hooked up? i bought the same fan but have not installed.