Honch's 93 RCSB DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honch

Reaction score
Earlier this week I managed to punch a hole in my sub, I had the center seat folded forward and when I put it back upright it shoved one of the seatbelts into the subs cone. Having a bench in the truck previously never made me really think about the vulnerability of the cone with no grille.

You must be registered for see images

The sub is an Alpine 6012EX that I purchased 17 years ago, I remember I paid over $500.00 for it then which is the part that upsets me. I am going to guess though that the technology now is much better and the same or better sound can be had for much less.

The sub I bought as a temporary replacement would not fit in this category.

I had gone to Checker Auto to get a bulb for the courtesy lights in my new door panels and while I was there I noticed this sub on a clearance rack for $13.00. I am actually quite surprised by how it sounds and how hard it hits for what it is. I have no illusions though as to its lifespan even with a small 200 watt Rockford Fosgate amp driving it. So far I just turn down the stereo when I start smelling burnt resin :hmm:

I have not decided what I want to do as a permanent solution. I can get the Alpine re-coned for around $80.00, this is something I have no experience with and no idea of the pros and cons around it.

Honch

Reaction score
I hit the local u-pull this weekend, they had 3 88-98's and over 20 f-150's in the same year range. Needless to say the OBS's were pretty picked over. I found some lighting in one of them that I had been wanting to get. The interior and under hood accessory lighting.

Because of how it is integrated into the cab harness I cut off the sockets and made my own harness that lights the foot wells, ashtray, and glove box.