homemade Blacked out tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeRWK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what i want, just need to find some stock tails and get rid of these TYCs

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ if you did it with the paint like greg you could use the lights you have, but i need to get stock ones cause our tails dont fit correctly

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not a huge fan of them... but they are safer then the ones that were on it when we got it

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i recall they make smoking paint and it works well I have the ANZO smoked tails but they are in a clear case so people can see them at night and not run into me.
You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah without clear they have that dull look as seen on pg 1 so if you want them all gloss and shiny looking clear the **** out of them. This will give you lots of protection too. Tinting tails (along with painting most things) takes patience and the right amount of sanding/coats.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
You have any specailty paint shops around? Ive heard some places can mix paints into a spray can if you can find one tell them to give a mix of say 80% clear and 20% black its a lil bit of heavy mix but they turn out better. Then your lights will look way better than they will with vht and last longer. Just make sure to prep ur lenses good for a nice finish. If you need any help pm me

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've dont it to a bunch of cars and trucks too. Vht nightshades is virtually identical to the model paint. I the Testors brand model paint which is actually a translucent laquer on my 95 silverado. Looks exactly same with either. But definitely clear them or you'll regret it. I'll get some pics of the different cars I've done.