Hoe gone, on to the 89 RCSB 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you really think it's gone try some Lucas trans slip fix. Got me another 7000 outta my first one. Was the fluid low?
I didnt check the fluid till it was too late. But now the pan gasket is pretty much completely toast. Will have to replace it soon and then hope for the best with the trans. Its not getting to high rpms like it would if it was slipping just shifting and hanging up really weirdly. Currently its parked in my drive way with a puddle of tranny fluid under her. Had to put an alternator and belt on the jimmy so that i could drive it till i get the chance to fix and check this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's exactly what happened to my 1st trans lol. I think you have a 700r4 tho don't you? What I would do is drop the pan and put a new filter and gasket on and fill the trans. If it's still acting up put a thing of Lucas in it.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's exactly what happened to my 1st trans lol. I think you have a 700r4 tho don't you? What I would do is drop the pan and put a new filter and gasket on and fill the trans. If it's still acting up put a thing of Lucas in it.
Yeah 700r4. That's what I think I am going to do

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have to wait till the end of the week to mess with her. Going to go to a trans specialty shop and pick up filter, gasket, and maybe pan. Also go ahead and pic up some stuff to run through the trans that helps slightly burnt transmissions. Cause I don't think it's bad off cause it wasn't really slipping just hanging up.

Also looking for some stockers and 285s so I can decrank the t-bars a little to sit level and ride a little better.

Next will be either remove tint from windshield or just get insurance to replace windshield cause its cracked.

Then I'm starting body work. Have found rust in bed and there is a pretty decent sized dent in cab. Also needs drivers door and door pins/bushings. Going to respray back red w/no moldings or trim. Might remove Tailgate banner so I can hang it on my wall.

Will post pics of damage in a bit

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well going tomorrow to get trans pan gasket and transmission filter. also going to look at the fluid to run through it just incase its burnt at all. hoping for the best so i can get back to driving her a little here and there.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
gl with the trans. when I started messing with my torsion keys PO had one side pretty much all the way in and the other most of the way out don't know how I didn't see it in the stance so I evened them out at about 1/4" from bottom of the cross member to the threaded side of the head of the bolt driving in the city the upper control arm would bottom out all the time redid them to 1/2" way better and pretty much well never bottoms out. love the truck tho very nice start

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well picked up the pan gasket and filter for 12 bucks today. Hopefully if weather permits going to get her fixed and back on the road ASAP.

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up some seafoam trans tune to run through the trans, hopefully it'll help some of my issues that I was having. All I need now is to pick up some trans fluid and in ready to change the pan gasket and filter. Does anybody know what the trans pan bolts need to be torqued to

That Green Jimmy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975