Hobbs 96 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome build, just read through and caught up. What are the temperature/compass mirrors originally from? GMT800s?
The dual displays come from GMT400 Suburbans, Tahoe's, Escalades, Denali's, and early GMT800s, the later GMT800s started using the one-star mirrors. Hobs does sell kits that comes with the mirror, temp sensor, pigtails, and a wiring cover, I've installed my own, and if you can wire in a radio, the mirror is not a problem at all. Super simple and easy to do

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
The dual displays come from GMT400 Suburbans, Tahoe's, Escalades, Denali's, and early GMT800s, the later GMT800s started using the one-star mirrors. Hobs does sell kits that comes with the mirror, temp sensor, pigtails, and a wiring cover, I've installed my own, and if you can wire in a radio, the mirror is not a problem at all. Super simple and easy to do

*Some of the mirrors also came with auto high beams, I've yet to see someone wire it up but it shouldn't be too hard.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for jacking this thread a little, but I have got to know more about this, what when where how??????
It's just enough time to sit down, read the wiring diagrams, and the operation. I agree, it shouldnt be hard, but I dont want to figure it out at this time. Maybe one day I'll sit down and do some reading, but today is not that day lol.

Jermu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's just enough time to sit down, read the wiring diagrams, and the operation. I agree, it shouldnt be hard, but I dont want to figure it out at this time. Maybe one day I'll sit down and do some reading, but today is not that day lol.

No but did GMT800 already have automatic highs and which models, denalis? I know already is a little bit of a wrong wording considering how cadillac did it in the 50's or was it early 60's, but it didn't really catch on until the later 00's

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
There is no such thing as automatic high beams. The only thing that some rearview mirrors have that is related to headlights is the electrochromatic function. When some jackass comes up behind you with high beams on, or cheap **** ebay/amazon lights with a bunch of glare, the mirror will dim. Some of them also dimmed the sideview mirrors if they were wired for it.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
There is no such thing as automatic high beams. The only thing that some rearview mirrors have that is related to headlights is the electrochromatic function. When some jackass comes up behind you with high beams on, or cheap **** ebay/amazon lights with a bunch of glare, the mirror will dim. Some of them also dimmed the sideview mirrors if they were wired for it.

My wifes 2021 Blazer RS has automatic high beams. they come on when the scanner detects no incoming light and turns off when there is . they are automatic.