High mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is still going strong at 245k miles!

Got the classic rust holes in the cab that are currently covered with grey duct tape. Definitely need to weld in some new metal. Was looking at the LMC parts, but I will definitely check out the mentioned Key branded pieces as recommend by you guys who have already done this job.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
My truck is still going strong at 245k miles!

Got the classic rust holes in the cab that are currently covered with grey duct tape. Definitely need to weld in some new metal. Was looking at the LMC parts, but I will definitely check out the mentioned Key branded pieces as recommend by you guys who have already done this job.
You got a few on my truck mines about to hit 320 km

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
I have ~369,000 on my daily driver. Original 4.3l motor and transmission replaced @~320,00. I put about 55 miles on it a day to work and back. Still get between 18-20 mpg per tank.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
So I got thinking today's I'd like to put a different number on my 94 and never liked the 99-07 rear bumpers but I thought a 08-13 rear bumper would look good on one of these 90s can anyone do a Photoshop for me?

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 88-98s are my second favourite trucks, after the 67-72s. I have one of each, and the GMT400s are far better trucks for driving feel and fuel mileage. On the other hand, the BOOBs, (Before Old Old Body Style) are super easy to work on, no electronics, no sensors, and thicker sheet metal.

Luckily, I have not had rust issues with either one, but I do believe the 98 I have will go forever, as I give it reasonable maintenance and drive it like I want to avoid repair bills. The 69 has a 350 with a Quadrajet, and I doubt it will last as long, even though it has lower mileage on it now (just turned 53,000). The Vortec heads on the newer engine make a lot more power by the way, and I guess the fuel injection is why it gets better mileage. Wish I could combine the best features of each truck somehow.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
The 88-98s are my second favourite trucks, after the 67-72s. I have one of each, and the GMT400s are far better trucks for driving feel and fuel mileage. On the other hand, the BOOBs, (Before Old Old Body Style) are super easy to work on, no electronics, no sensors, and thicker sheet metal.

Luckily, I have not had rust issues with either one, but I do believe the 98 I have will go forever, as I give it reasonable maintenance and drive it like I want to avoid repair bills. The 69 has a 350 with a Quadrajet, and I doubt it will last as long, even though it has lower mileage on it now (just turned 53,000). The Vortec heads on the newer engine make a lot more power by the way, and I guess the fuel injection is why it gets better mileage. Wish I could combine the best features of each truck somehow.
Ya my style is the 88-98 Trucks that's what we all drove in highschool. But I gotta say I'm buying a new truck some time next year and it won't be a Chevy or GMC or a Ram or a Ford it'll be another Toyota Tundra TRD Double cab but I'll still keep my old Captain Crunch. Gm just doesn't build quality products anymore I really wish I could go in a buy a brand new 1994 or 1995 Chevy Silverado 1500 at my local gm dealer I bet they would sell a ton of them.