HID problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
could be a bad connection to the ballast...when i put mine in, i used the plug that came with the ballast....to get them to work right i had to plug mean greens harnesss directly into the ballast...make sure you don't have bent pins...

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i checked all the connections and they where all good.

low 4x4 i also tried that but only one plug and they all started going on and then off but im guessing that you have to plug them all in the the ballast

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I don't know too much about mine other than don't turn them on and off a lot before they heat up.

Try swapping bulbs side to side. I would assume if the ballast is bad the issue would stay at each light, but if the bulb was bad the issues would swap sides along with the bulb swap.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
if you unplugged one and they all started doing something ...sounds like a bad ground

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If both sides are doing it, it sounds like a bad SET of ballasts. In my experience when one ballast is bad the other has a 90% chance of being bad also. When power is the issue, ballasts will generally "Mis-Fire" quite often and not so much occasionally. A bad BULB is also a possibility, contrary to popular belief; its not always the ballast that are DOA. But with the harness installed, I can guarentee power is not the issue here!

As long as you have a good connection to the positive battery terminal, and have good bare metal grounds to the two eyelets to the immediate right and left of the relay bank; your golden. Every harness that I build is tested before it is shipped out, so the harness is not the issue.

What I would recommend doing is to test the ballast by swapping the bulb from the ballast that's giving you issues to the one that is not. This will help you to tell you if its the bulb or ballast. If you swap the bulb to a known good ballast, and it still give you an issue; its the bulb. IF it doesn't, then the ballast is the issue most likely. Fell free to give me a call, and I'll be more then happy to help you additionally to diagnose the issue your having with the HID's. I'm here to help Dustin!

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im thinking it has to be the ballasts/bulbs. i know its not the harness because i had my old bulbs on that and didnt have any issues. i should have time tonight if not tomorrow for sure and ill test the bulbs and ballasts.
you guys rock!