HID problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i bought some ddm hid bulbs for my lows and highs and i also got meangreens harness.

here is the problem and it does it once in a really good while. so i go to turn on my headlights and the drivers side doesn't turn on the passenger side also did this once today and that was the only time. or when they are all on the driver side will just shut off

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
dont know much about hids and I don't have any so take this with a grain of salt, but it sounds like it could be a bad ballast.
However, I don't know why both sides would do this, All I have heard is good things about those harnesses, Have you tried contacting him by PM ? he is awful knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like that

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check all your connections. I have the same setup an have zero issues with it in almost a year.

The most common cause of one ballast not "lighting off" is low power. Where did you connect power for mean greens harness at?

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haven't pm him but i put them to the battery i know its not the harness. i had my old bulbs on the harness for like 2 weeks and didnt have this problem. ill check all my connections when a get a chance tomorrow. just wanted some ideas on what it could be thanks for posting.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
That is what we are here for and I think the connections are a good place to start

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't take offense to this, but did you buy a battery bolt with a stud for the connection or just jam it in with the other wires????

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks jaws and bluex. now this is where my battery gets interesting. the ppl before me ether cut the wires or replaced them to where the connections are for a top mount not the side mount. so i have a side mount battery just have that connector deal not sure what to call it.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
huh... sounds like you should have a good connection there if that is the only thing on the side post. Plus I think if the main power was the issue both sides would go out together

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i have a system also but u have a pretty good point so there should be enough power

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, that is weird then. I would try double checking everything then but def see what baron has to say about it....