Hi, I'm new to the forum!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alextang

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Alex. After a trip to Vietnam, I fall in love with the breathtaking mountain passes in Northern region there. Hence, I decide to settle down in this country after the retirement. Now I own a Land Rover Discovery SVX in Toronto. Which kinds of automobile should I buy when I'm in Vietnam? Need suggestions because I may know that the car price in Vietnam is very expensive. Thanks in advance!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to this forum,,,too. I saw you on www.toytoatruckclub.com As I said there, only you know what you need. In another country, the question is how available and expensive are the truck parts going to be? A GMT 400 is a grate truck. The 4.3L will give you good fuel millage, and is easy to work on. The 5.0L is not such a grate engine, but the 5.7L may be Chevys best engine ever built, but fuel millage sucks. As mentioned on the Toyota forum, a diesel Toyota may be your best bet, IDK. All GMT 400 s will be an old truck and need attention.