Hey guys, I need a little help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok guys, I'M BACK!!!! I have been collecting parts but haven't really worked on it. I just bought a few things to work on buttoning things up. I bought a gauge pillar, carpet, the speaker headliner from lmc, and so on to semi button up the interior. I ordered new doors but when they arrived they were all smashed and dented so I got my money back. I am waiting on getting new doors once they get more in but in the meantime, I have a fair deal of money to order stuff with.

I need the following:
front and rear bumpers (thinking about making custom ones),
grill
lights front and rear
light bar for the roof
running boards
and any other add ons that will look good

.... My goal to really make this truck have the WOW effect and do that new school old school blend that looks right. I want that tough mean look however. I am not into the whole murdered out look so that's not really an option but I was wondering if you guys could really help me decide on what to buy or give me suggestions because I am drawing such a blank and have so many different looks I like but cannot picture what I want. would you guys be willing to help me out? Its going to be a show truck so I want good quality not cheap... so PLEASEEEEEE HELP!? I will attach the link to my build thread.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really want that "SEMA" show truck type look that is the not typical but extremely nice look

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I can help, I'm very conservative when it comes to my truck. But I think if you build it nice and clean with a detailed engine bay and an updated interior, it would look pretty cool. Some LED lighting and a mean off Road stance would be the best thing. Google SEMA show trucks and see what Ideas you can grab rom other trucks.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's always hard because there are no sema trucks in our body style and most are different colors. Black isn't all that common. I've been updating the interior but I'm drawing blanks on what to buy

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
454 as gauge cluster! If you can find one all the guys with old GMT 400s will be envious of your truck.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
It's always hard because there are no sema trucks in our body style and most are different colors. Black isn't all that common. I've been updating the interior but I'm drawing blanks on what to buy

Doesn't have to be our body style or even a GM for that matter. Just need something to inspire you from a current truck.

My kid and I have rebuilt his Monte SS using parts from just about anything we can find. His center console is out of a 2001 Impala, the shifter is out of a Grand Am, the rear seat cup holders are out of a SAAB 93s. The front sway bar is out of a IROC Camaro, the rear sway bar is from a Olds Bravada. Part of the fun of this hobby is recycling parts.

Just look for things that might flow with your ideas.