Hesitation at partial throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
the delete is a good option but i couldnt find a blockoff plate localy and didn't want to wait a week for shipping. so i just replaced with a new one. also replaced the silenoid

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have tryed the EGR delete year's ago, and lost a couple MPG's on the interstate, I would not delete it on a TBI motor.

koke

Reaction score
haha i don't think you would own another tbi motor!! something tells me your well content with your 6 oh

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
I have tryed the EGR delete year's ago, and lost a couple MPG's on the interstate, I would not delete it on a TBI motor.

the last tie i did a egr delete was on my hotrod 83 RCLB. and i couldn't tell you if it damaged the MPG or not.... i only got 8 as it was anyway! HAHAHAHAHAHA but like i said, i replaced my EGR and accuator silenoid and it fixed the same problem on my 93 blazer.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score

Those engines combined with the old swirl port heads really NEED the EGR system functioning to get any kind of decent economy out of them. I think I explained it pretty well how the inert gas lowers the effective displacement of the engine. Also, 23mpg+ and is hard to argue with.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
uh no,

my bad i missed the part where he said 94

so thats what egr does huh recirculate gasses that are less likely to combust at highway speeds where a less volatile atomization is required to maintain speeds?

yah hose out your tb

can you seriously get 23+ mpg out of a tbi truck?

we got super egrs out here these days

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a friend getting 22 mpg's on the highway in his 95 ext. cab stepside, 350 TBI 4L60E with 3.08 gear's.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
The same effects can (and are) created with a little crafty camshaft timing on newer models, so it's not really an "OMG egr is BAMF" scenario. The engines were designed with it in mind back in those days, and it works well for what it is. I've marginally increased the pulse time the EGR is actually on, but that's it aside from flipping the lean cruise switch to "ON" in the ECU. No hypermiling involved, just getting out on the road and setting the cruise somewhere between 62 and 65 for 500 or so miles. FYI I could squeeze 20 out of it with the stock tune and none of the hidden aero tricks.