Here from michigan with the story behind my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke(MI)

Blow Smoke
Reaction score
Hello, I found this site through Ramforum after my dodge died, and since I put grandpa's Silverado back on the road I thought I ought ta join. I became the owner of a near mint 1989 Chevy C1500 long box Silverado when my grandfather passed away last october after a short battle with cancer. The truck means a lot to me because grandpa was like the father my dad should have been. I won't go into much detail but we'll say dad isn't in the picture and that I refuse to speak with the sob. Anyhow a little background on this truck, It was bought bran new in '89 from Tom Carter Chevrolet in Ionia, MI and I have every maintenance record from then up till 2003. The only thing I ever did to it was replace the valve cover gaskets and put a glasspack on. every fall I take the chrome trim and tool box off and put the fiberglass toneau cover on to keep snow out of the box. The truck gets washed, polished and waxed once every week, sometimes twice if it gets dirty. The only rust on the truck is in the one cab corner which I am going to have replaced asap Here are a few pics and a video I have

You must be registered for see images

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your grandpa, man. Truck looks amazing for the age! I love that two-tone scheme, great colors. Welcome to the site, lots of useful info on here.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome, nice truck, and great back story, it's awesome when someone keep's and maintains a truck that's been passed through the family.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome! I love vehicles with family history. There are a couple in our family. They will never have a 'For Sale' sign on 'em. Just passed down to the next deserving member of the family.