Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
1990 swb 4wd 350sb has a whining coming from the Trans in park and in all gears not near as loud as it is in park though sounds like it has a dang supercharger on it when in park lol any ideas ? Truck runs and drives great no shifting problems at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Fluid level? I had a chevette back in the day that the transmission whined the entire time I had it. I just told people it was the turbo.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My power steering pump whines.
It's a reman. With those there's a 50/50 chance on if it's gonna do that or not.
I've had people say that whatever's under the hood doesn't sound stock. Lol!

Reaction score
My power steering pump whines.
It's a reman. With those there's a 50/50 chance on if it's gonna do that or not.
I've had people say that whatever's under the hood doesn't sound stock. Lol!
Mines up under the truck coming from the Trans it immediately whines when you fire it up the higher the rpm in park the louder so at cold start it's pretty loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might try a fluid and filter change if it hasn't been done recently. As usual, pay particular attention and check for metal particles in the trans pan when changing the filter.