HELP!! Put on new wheels but the covers won't fit on the my original lugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the cover for the lug nuts. Do I need to buy longer lug nuts they won't fit on the lugs I had on my older wheels

You must be registered for see images attach

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Your trying to use your old wheel covers on the new wheels? Are they the same wheels? If not, the cover designed for one wheel won't fit on another it's not designed for.....

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No I bought 17s from like a 05 tahoe the cover won't thread on my old lug nuts

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I removed old 16 saw blades I have new 17 wheels from tahoe but the covers won't thread on my old lug nuts

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do i have to order new lugs? Lol I thought these would be a easy swap lol

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're not understanding me the picture above in the thread are the caps that go with the new 17s I just got. There not threading on the lugs my old lugs sit flush on the wheels not threads are showing to allow the new wheel cover to attach if that makes any sense maybe someone has encountered thus before

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, it sounds like you just need to get correct year lugs for the correct year wheel. In every wheel swap I've ever witnessed the lugs went with their original wheel. See if whoever you traded with has the '05 lugs.

I think you would be making way more work for yourself altering the caps. Try this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Pc-CHEVY-SILVERADO-1500-FACTORY-OEM-TYPE-GOLD-ZINK-14m-x-1-50-LUG-NUTS-2009-/271938993602?fits=Year:2005|Make:Chevrolet&hash=item3f50d3bdc2:g:vCcAAOSw~CRTpZ4F&vxp=mtr