Help needed with replacement brake parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Thomas

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm wanting to replace my calipers, drums and rotors. Is there one brand that's better than another? I've found: Delco, Bendix, Wagner and A1 Cardone. Any advice on which to buy and which to stay away from? Thanks!

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That all depends on your budget and what you want. if you want performance then I would go ebc stage 5 kit for pads and rotors a 3/4 ton master cylinder and calibers. go middle of the road for the back make sure they are adjusted right.

If you just want new brakes then I use brake best select

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As long as you stick with any one of the brands, that you mentioned, you should be good. It is more important to spend a little more, and get a better pad VS a cheep pad. All the brands offer a cheep version, and an expensive version, and several in between. The cost comes in whit the material that the pads are made of. A cheep pad will not have the stopping power that a more expensive pad will. This is all relevant to OE VS OE or aftermarket VS aftermarket in the same set up. A swap to a larger pad setup will have more stopping power than an OE set up of course.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only consideration I would add is where I live ( the rust belt) I find a lot of pad failure due to the backing rusting and the wear part just coming off. I have been using the Wagner Thermo Quiets and they seem to have a good coating that prevents this problem. They may be powder coated but I can't say for sure. If you live where they don't salt roads it probably isn't an issue.

J Thomas

Reaction score
I was looking at replacing all my brake components with Wagner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk