Help me hook up my train horn to my viper car alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys recently installed a train horn, mad fun! Trying to hook it up to my viper alarm and no idea where to start, i'm thinking of just bridging a connection from signal on siren to signal on train horn. WOuld that work?

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just use one of the extra outputs depending on which viper u have. Also google is your friend

DAC_CFH

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im so sobsolutly in love with this idea.. When you get it done, You really have to put up a video.

I agree with smurf though- If you have additional outputs on your system use one of those.

A really good site (and sorry if I am breaking any forum rules by posting to any sites) A site that I use a lot for figuring out the best way to custom wire anything is the12volt.com

Lots of security schematics on there and wouldnt be surprised if someone has already done it!

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just followed one guide and it didn't work unfortunately, so i removed all the wirings I just did and will have to work on it another day off, which will be next week :/ really want to do this to those pesky people who ding my doors.

DAC_CFH

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will have to consider the output of your alarm system and the required signal output for the train horn IE) if the signal from the alarm system is less than 12 volts and later switches a higher load then it may not be enough to power the train horn signal. I personally dont deal with alarm systems so I am not quite sure how they wire up.

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need to hook up a relay, which I did. Just for some reason didn't work :/ I don't think it's worth the hassle to be honest..