Help me find this part!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2002maniac

Reaction score
So I've got a 99 GMC K2500 with barn doors and am having trouble with the latch/pushrod setup on the left side barn door. The plastic clip/bushing/grommet things that hold the pushrods tight in the latch mechanisms are deteriorated and busted. I think if I just replace these and grease the latches it should work sweet. Anyone know where I can find these little guys for sale? The online parts catalog I was looking at did not have the part shown on the diagram.

Thanks!

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to replace a plastic grommet on my front door while traveling last month for this same thing. If it's the same part, it's a small yellow plastic piece that snaps into the latch, and then the rod snaps into this grommet. If you can remove it largely intact, you should be able to take it to an auto parts store and get one off the shelf for around $4. Mine came in a kit with 4 or 5 other similar clips that work for different models.

2002maniac

Reaction score
I had to replace a plastic grommet on my front door while traveling last month for this same thing. If it's the same part, it's a small yellow plastic piece that snaps into the latch, and then the rod snaps into this grommet. If you can remove it largely intact, you should be able to take it to an auto parts store and get one off the shelf for around $4. Mine came in a kit with 4 or 5 other similar clips that work for different models.

Yes, that's the same part. Removing them intact has not been possible for me so far. They crumble when I try to push them out.