help me build my 350 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been in the process of doing a complete tear down of my truck. The frame broke, so figured its time to redo everything.
I have a few parts on their way for the truck, but now I am trying to figure out parts for the engine itself. I already have 062 vortec heads on their way (rebuilt). 64cc chambers, 170cc intake ports, 1.94 INTAKE AND 1.50 EXHAUST VALVES (more info-http://www.ebay.com/itm/150786040073?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 )

I am looking for a fun truck, 400horsepower would be nice (not sure what it would take to get there). I am onto the selection of pistons, and would like to keep the stock bore. I think I want to go with forged internals, since I plan on running a small shot of nitrous. Anyone have a good build or recommendations how to get to 400hp ?

Also - with the vortec heads, will the red line change at all? I know the stock TBI is around 4000. Is there a way to add this in the $0D tune? I have the truck in pieces right now- but I have been researching a lot at night to make sure I am somewhat on track....

Last edited:

koke

Reaction score
email harrison performance at [email protected], also go onto his site aat tbichips.com, he can send you in the right direction and re-tune your prom chip after your motor is built, 400 horse is achievable with tbi but extensive mods to the fule system will need to be done

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Not to crush your dreams, but I'm going to crush your dreams. Aim about 100hp lower than what you're shooting for and be realistic. Even with vortec heads, a cam and larger injectors you might be lucky to see 250hp at the wheels with that setup. With drivetrain losses the crank output would be slightly higher, but still.

Being completely honest with you, you're going to spend about what it would take to swap in a modern 5.3L or 6L engine and have 300+hp in stock form and still not match the output of one of those engines with a small cam and tune. You'd be better served with building the engine with vortec heads and a good tune, and investing in a GOOD set of gears. Mechanical advantage wins over horsepower all day long in terms of quickness and driving feel.