Help - Lifting front end w/ coil springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
do i need shock absorbers or new springs to go with a spindle+block lift?

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
That is the one I have. I love the lift but a guy at a local shop (see my build... not a very well respected guy) can't get it to align properly.

just read your build for a good hour lol, looks like you had a hell of a time with alignments and mechanics :p

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend spindles over lift springs. You do not need lift shocks if you use spindles. You may want them for the rear if you put lift blocks. But I didn't use lift shocks. Mine were new so I have factory shocks. Just remember that spindles widens the track width roughly 4" so if you want the rear tires to be even with the front you'll need 2" wheel spacers in the rear.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I would also recommend spindles. I installed spacers almost lost some digits twice. Once I was done I was happy for a week. Now I wish I had gone 4" and 33s and been done with it.

Sent from a wannabe ipad

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend spindles over lift springs. You do not need lift shocks if you use spindles. You may want them for the rear if you put lift blocks. But I didn't use lift shocks. Mine were new so I have factory shocks. Just remember that spindles widens the track width roughly 4" so if you want the rear tires to be even with the front you'll need 2" wheel spacers in the rear.

perfect thanks for the advice. So in total if i went that route I would need the 4" spindles, 2" blocks, the u bolts, and the wheel spacers (if i want), and shocks for the back

skyrodder

Reaction score
perfect thanks for the advice. So in total if i went that route I would need the 4" spindles, 2" blocks, the u bolts, and the wheel spacers (if i want), and shocks for the back
yup but in that case just get the RC Kit

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score

Correct and if your leaving the factory 15's then you could run 32/11.50's with no rubbing and it'll look perfect. Check out the build thread on my 97. It's a 2wd with the lift spindles and converted to 6 lug.

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
Correct and if your leaving the factory 15's then you could run 32/11.50's with no rubbing and it'll look perfect. Check out the build thread on my 97. It's a 2wd with the lift spindles and converted to 6 lug.

as soon as my tires on now ware (shouldn't be too long!). I wana aim for 32" goodyears. Nice truck ill have a look!

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As maybe has been mentioned in here, but it's worth highlighting, the lift spindles will be way easier to install also.