hello, guy I'm new here wanted to introduce myself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsleeper81

Reaction score
Hello all My name is joey from fort worth tx. I've always been a gm fan no matter what.
I have been looking for years for a gmt400 truck but had specific wants which made it more
difficult and more expensive to find or buy.
but after a long wait I found one it does have it's flaws not to be unsuspected for the price of 2,500
This is a 2000 k3500 crew cab long bad 4wd exactly what I wanted.
so I purchased this truck drove it home and imidiatly started noticing some flaws first was the whole top of dash
had fallen in but amazingly the a/c heat and gauge cluster all works.
then noticed it pulls to the left only when breaking decently hard so break work, and on the drive home kept hearing alot of rattling got it home took a look and the idiot that owned it before me thought duct tape is used for every thing.
the sway bar link bushing where completely gone and he had put duct tape in place to use as bushings lol... so replace these first, but kept hearing rattling found out rear shock absorbers where worn and apperently the bushing where low and behold made of duct tape.
so i replaced those last weekend, this weekend I have bought two new front calipers and new pads and hopefully the discs are still good we will see tomorrow.
I might be asking some questions in the future if I can't find them on the forum somewhere however the only I do have at the moment is does anyone know of where I can purchase a new dash complete according to the gm parts house this item is obsolete I have found a few at some yards but for there price these have cracks I just can't bring myself to spend nearly 300 on something with damage any help would be nice if not I'll keep looking either way.
thanks everyone for reading my post and everyone have a happy new year.

2000 Chevy K3500 4x4
Engine. 350/5.7 vortec
Trans. uknown
Base model. Manual windows and manual locks

You must be registered for see images attach

AshesFollow

Reaction score
Hello,

Any of the companies that I go through dont have anything for you truck, the only thing I was able to find was dash covers. Not to sure if there is any sort of swap you can do either for that specific vehicle, short of someone by chance posting something either on here, ebay or something to that effect. I would see what the pick and pull yards have and haggle them down especially if it is damaged as well. If you know how to do plastic work (epoxy resin, or glass lay over) which is not hard and there are plenty of DIY videos, you maybe be able to repair your current one (depending on the extent of the damage) far better then anything new you could get. Let me know if that is the route you decide to take and are not to sure about how to go about it, I have years of mod and fab work under my belt and can walk you through it.

jsleeper81

Reaction score
thanks for the information. The dash in the truck now the entire top has caved in its not worth trying to save I'll hit the pick and pull again and see if I can bring them down.
I've even considered getting a 1/2 ton version the only down side is not sure how it would fit being that the dash is a bit different with the air bag and mine don't have one.

jsleeper81

Reaction score
thanks for all the welcomes guys I hope to learn alot here I have plans for the truck but plan to do a lot of research first to decide which route I'm going.